Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette

Urban Decay's latest goody is the Build Your Own Palette and to promote the release of their reformulated eye shadows, they sent some of their staff to my local Ulta for an event over the weekend.  The event included make-overs with access to all of their products and a free gift with purchase.

First things first, I'm going to show you the Build Your Own Palette.  For $18 you get this cute little tin that comes automatically with the eye shadow "Walk of Shame".  There are 5 additional spaces in the palette for you to add your own choice of shadows at an additional cost.  This is what the palette looks like.  This will be very nice for travel.

Each additional shadow is $18 a piece.  These are the shadows I chose.  

Left to right top: Walk of Shame (comes with the palette), Asphyxia and Roach
Left to right bottom:  Woodstock, Peace and Freelove

Here are the swatches!

Left to right: Walk of Shame, Freelove and Roach
Walk of Shame blends right into my skin which will make it perfect to buff out the rough edges on some of my smoky eyed looks.  

Left to right:  Woodstock, Asphyxia and Peace

I love the reformulated shadows!  My horrible picture taking of the swatches do not do them justice.  Most of the shadows I saw were even more pigmented than the original UD shadows, if you can believe it.  I'm looking forward to building up my collection, one by one.   

Okay, so back to the event.  I ended up getting a make-over.  I have never used UD's face products.  I love their primers, shadows and liners so I was excited about trying some concealer and foundation.   Here's the before and after.



That before seriously looks like a mug shot!  

The gal went with a neutral look on me.  I asked for something a little funky so she put the blue glitter liner on.  You can't tell it in the picture but I had a couple of blue streaks in my hair (washes out in one wash!) so she wanted to match me up with that.  

I have to say that I like their concealer sticks.  As you can see, it works.  All the face make up worked well but I was most impressed with the Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20.  It gave me a great glow.   And I really like the idea of putting on a moisturizer that can cover up some of the flaws but isn't heavy.  So I bought it.  

This retails at $30 but this will last for a long time which is how I justified buying it.  I got mine in "Halo".  

Urban Decay gave a free gift with purchase which was filled with all sorts of goodies.  

The plastic bag (kind of like a pencil bag) included sample sizes of the original eyeshadow primer potion, Supercurl curling mascara, 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in "Delinquent" and Lip Junkies in "Midnight Cowgirl".  I want to show how wonderful this shadow pencil is.  

The top line is as drawn and the bottom line is blended out.  It has a nice sparkle to it.  


And I was entered in a drawing to win this bad mammer jammer.

This included a full size primer, set of brushes, 2 eye shadows, a couple of lip junkies, eye pencils, a Big Fatty mascara and some other stuff.  I don't think I won it because I feel like I would have received a call by now.  Bummer!  

I really liked the event and was happy to try some other Urban Decay product.  Some items on my wish list are:  

  • 24/7 Concealer Pencil in CIA
  • Afterglow Glide-On Cheek Tint in Indecent
  • Complexion Primer Potion
  • Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Glam Rock
So I've decided that once I find my full time job, I'm going to try to work part time at Ulta so I can get a discount!  Great idea, right?

Sincerely, 
Jules
aka The Broke Ass Bitch  

P.S.  I don't know if I'm feeling this new Blogger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment