Monday, April 16, 2012

MyGlam Bag: April 2012

Hello, everybody!  I hope the start of your week has been splendid!  Mine has started well.

This post will be about a subscription service called myglam.  I found out about myglam through a couple of YouTube gurus.  How the service works is you sign up to get a bag once a month for a low cost of $10.  The themed bag typically has 4-5 makeup samples and occasionally even full sized items.

I attempted to get the service a couple months ago but was put on a waiting list.  I was happy to hear I was eligible for the April bag and I received it on Saturday, April 14th!

The theme of the April bag is "Girls' Night Out" which couldn't have been themed better since the day I received the bag I was literally just about to walk out the door to go to a drag show.

This is what the bag looks like.



The bag reminded me of Jem and you know I'm all about Jem!  The bag is not the highest quality bag out there.  I believe they are intended to switch out every month or at least that's what I plan to do with them.  

When I opened the bag I found the card that comes with each bag that explains the theme and the products included.  


The first product I pulled out were these All-Belle false eyelashes.  


I have never heard of these lashes before.  The box appears to be written in Chinese.  I can tell by looking at them that they're no Ardell but I'm happy to try anything.  And if I ever go to another drag show, I'll be wearing these babies.  

The bag also included a sample of Dermstore Lip Quench.  

This is formulated to soften and smooth thin, dry lips.  I have since tried it and it is very hydrating.  It also has a nice, fruity smell.  I think this will be my night time lip treatment.  

I have to confess that I looked at all the sneak peaks the myglam Facebook site showed me and I knew I was going to be getting an Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil.  It was just a question of what color I would be getting.  I was hoping that I'd get Perversion which is the blackest black but this is what I got...


It's Radium, which is a nice pop of blue.  I love it!  I'm glad I got this!  This pencil was a travel sized so now I'll buy the full sized in Perversion.  Here's a swatch of Radium...
I love it!  

The last items in my bags were two eye brushes.  One for the eyelids and the other was an eyeliner brush.  


I think I'll be able to use them.  They seem like they're good enough quality to get the job done.  At the very least, they would make fine travel brushes.  

Overall, I'm pleased with the bag and am happy to spend my $10.  I'm looking forward to next month.  I'm going to keep getting the bags for awhile.  If I find myself disappointed with a total of 3 bags, then I'll cancel the service.  

You can sign up for myglam here:  click here for your bag  You may be put on a waiting list but they will inform you when you can register via email.  

I recorded myself opening the bag.  It's on YouTube now.  You'll get to see me all dolled up.  Forgive the clicking noises.  I was using my laptop and it was dark out so I don't have the best lighting going on in this clip.  And I was getting confused on where to position my hands.  One day I will have a video camera.  :sigh:  

Enjoy!


Red lipstick kisses,
Jules







No comments:

Post a Comment