Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Got Crabs?

I have another birthday card for you today.  Another Principal friend and Lunch Lady, Judy, celebrated her birthday yesterday.  Judy has quite the sense of humor on her so I knew a sappy sentimental card would not do for her.  

Here's the latest card from my "WTF?" line...


I've been using the blank cards you buy in a pack at Michaels.  This is the first one that I just cut down myself using my Martha Stewart scoring board.  I picked yellow card stock.  The paper with the beach theme was from a brand called Die Cuts With A View from their "All About Boys" line.  This one was called "Under the Sea UV".  If I recall, I got this one from one of those $5 grab bags at the now closed Memories on Fifth.   This is what the whole 12x12 looked like.

Super cute, right?  I just cut out the bottom right hand corner because I wanted my focus to be on the crabs.  I adhered that to my card stock.  

I found two crab stickers at Michaels from Jolee's By You called "Crabs".  I placed them in the left hand corner of the card.  Those stickers are what gave me the idea for the card.  I just happened to remember that I had the sea paper.  They went together perfectly.  

And lastly, I added the smart ass "Got Crabs?"    You know my love for the double entendre.

And just in case you couldn't tell this is a birthday card...

Judy loved the card, or at least she said she did.  

Have a crabalicious day,
Jules 


No comments:

Post a Comment