Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coffee With A Friend

My friend, Sara, just had a birthday.  I worked with her at Principal Financial Group for many years.  Sara is also one of the Lunch Ladies.  She and I both love coffee.  She prefers hers black while I enjoy the cream and sugar.  We have a few Principal coffee stories.

Sara would bring in her own little mini thermos and drink that in the morning.  And sometimes she would get coffee out of the machine which seriously smelled like motor oil and looked like sludge.  It was so strong that I could smell it coming down the hall.  And the machine would put cream in your coffee whether you wanted it or not.  I used to ask Sara if she needed to borrow my comb to straighten her chest hairs after drinking that coffee.

Sometimes I would bring in my big thermos of coffee.  If I didn't have it all gone by lunch time, I would give the rest of it to Sara.  She started referring to herself as the "Coffee Beggar" or "Coffee Bum".

And occasionally I'd sneak off to the nearby coffee shops during my breaks to pick up fancy coffee for us.  Leaving the work property was a no no during break time.  I'm such a rebel!


I found the cups (they're actually tea cups, hence the tea bag on top) digi stamp here!

I knew that I wanted to use bright colors and have them up against an electric blue background.  I used my Copic markers to color the cups in.  And I used Distress Stickles for the rims and handles of the cups.  You can't tell by the picture, but I gave the cups a little dimension by using a 3D foam pad behind each cup.  I staggered my stamp letters for the "Coffee?"


And the inside included a reminder to call me whenever she wanted to chit chat over coffee.

One thing I know about working at Principal is that I will never find another group of people like the ones I've worked with.  I've had so much fun these past almost 13 years.  And Sara is definitely one of a kind.  

Sniffles,
Jules


No comments:

Post a Comment