Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dearly Beloved...

It's a wedding card, y'all!  


My friend, LouAnn, got married over the weekend!  I had worked with LouAnn for many years at Principal Financial Group.  We started eating lunch together, along with a bunch of other gals, and we became the "Lunch Ladies".  


I'm going to give you a little back story on LouAnn and her husband David.  They were previously married to each other back in 1981 and have two sons together.  Things didn't work out the first time around and sadly, they divorced.  But fate brought them back together years later and it's been peas and carrots ever since.  I'm so happy they could find love in each other once again.  So without further ado, here's the card.  



The back is purple card stock from the brand Color Mates in "Deep Lovely Lilac". The light purple with the cream swirl is from Anna Griffin, called "Cream Lavender Squares". I scalloped the edges of a cream colored card stock with crazy scissors.  

The cake is the very first digi stamp I printed.  I got it free from here.  I personally drew the cake stand.  I used Copic markers to color the cake (light blue, pink, burnt sienna and purple).  


I added some Stickles to make it look like frosting.  

I found a letter stencil laying around and used it for the "Two Hearts".


And I stenciled the "Come Together Again!" on the inside on lavender card stock.  I originally attempted to stencil on the card and messed up.  

Congratulations, LouAnn and David!  I'm so happy you found your way back to one another.  And I hope you liked the card!  

Hearts all aflutter, 
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment