Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Birthday Card For My Nephew

My nephew, the eldest of my brother Todd's kids, turns 19 years old today!  It seems like just yesterday that I was a freshman in high school anxiously awaiting his arrival into this world.

I was excited because I got to play with my new Copic markers!  I have a limited amount of colors at this time but it worked out wonderfully.


The star paper is put out by Lily Bee Designs from their Picket Fence collection.  It's called "Seize the Day".  And I just tore some white and red card stock.  You know how I like that "scrappy" look.  ;p   I used crazy scissors to cut the yellow square in the middle.  I also used a different pair of crazy scissors to cut the lime green "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  

I have one of those "Happy Birthday" clear rubber stamp packets that I bought at Michaels which included the candles stamp.  

BLUE AND GREEN CANDLE:  B29 (Ultramarine),  B14 (Light Blue), G17 (Forest Green), YG03 (Yellow Green), Distress Stickles in "Folded Jeans"

YELLOW CANDLE (the Big Bird Candle!):  YR04 (Chrome Orange), Y13 (Lemon Yellow),  E09 (Burnt Sienna),   RV11 (Pink), Distress Stickles in "Milled Lavender"

GREEN CANDLE:  G17 (Forest Green), YG03 (Yellow Green), Distress Stickles in "Peeled Paint" 

FLAMES: R08 (Vermilion), YR04 (Chrome Orange), Y13 (Lemon Yellow), Stickles in "Icicle"

I put the Distress Stickles on the candles in the attempt to make it look like melting wax.  


Not bad for my second time working with Copic markers.  I look forward to improving!  Copics are kind of pricey so I'm slowly adding to my collection.  I ended up getting the primary colors and the skin tones.  

Coloring is fun!  

Be excellent to each other...and party on, dudes
~Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment