Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Charlie Sheen Inspired Birthday Card

My brother, Joe (also known as Joseph or Bubba), celebrated his 38th birthday on March 26th.  My brother is a Two and a Half Men fan.  He was very disappointed when Charlie Sheen was fired.  I think he also got a kick out of it a little, like most people did, and was excited when he found a bowling shirt at Target.

I had leftover bowling stickers from my Bowling layout (see link Octopus's Garden) so when one of those stickers was a bowling shirt, first I thought of Charlie Sheen, then I thought of my brother.  And seeing that I have difficulty making masculine cards, I thought it was only fitting to use the sticker.

Ideally, this card would have been better for last year's birthday, I know.


This card is about as simple as you can get, which I think might be the key to a masculine card.  Too many frills tend to make cards girly.  Here's what I used.  

Red card stock
Red and white checked paper that came out of the "Me and My Big Ideas" value pack of paper 
Black card stock
Tan card stock
Bowling Shirt from Karen Foster's Design "High Score"

And finally I stamped the ever so cliche "Winning!" with black ink at the top.  I think it's cute and hopefully Joe liked it, or at the very least got a kick out of it.  

Thanks for taking a second to look at my stuff.  Next week is going to be crazy with the cards.  I have 4 cards back to back!  I went to the Mall of America and I'm kicking around the idea of doing a blog haul for the small amount of merchandise I bought.  

Stay classy, 
Jules 

1 comment:

  1. That's a really cool card idea/layout for a guy. I'm sure your brother liked it a lot and got a kick out of it too. Hehe... My first time seeing a Charlie Sheen themed card. :D

    PS: Hope you find those Wet 'n' Wild Flora/Fauna palettes at your CVS. :)

    ReplyDelete