Thursday, March 22, 2012

Almay Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover Pads

I'm a big fan of sampling a product before you fully commit to it.  The great thing about Ulta and Sephora is that you often get the chance to do just that, either for free or investing very little money.  I'm always open to trying new things.  Makeup is the one thing in my life that I'm not that loyal to.  Yes, I have brands that I gravitate towards but I will cheat on it every chance I get.  I'm a total makeup slut.

I am always in search of a perfect eye makeup remover.  I don't like to spend a lot of money on such things because I go through it quickly but I will not waste my time or money on a product that does a half ass job.  While waiting in line at Ulta, I noticed a travel sized Almay Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover Pads.  And it was $1.29.  It was a perfect opportunity to try something new.  And it was pads which appealed to my lazy side.

The travel sized container comes with 15 pads in it.  The full sized one comes with 80 pads and sells for $5.79.



 Almay claims to be the #1 brand in America.  Did it live up to its hype?

Um...NO!  The pad did great with removing all of my eye shadow but it didn't remove all of my mascara and eye liner.  I had mascara residue under my eyes and I still had makeup in the corners.  And this was with one coat of mascara, people.  Imagine if I were really whoring it up with 2-3 coats!

The pads claim "nourishes the skin as it gently removes eye makeup, even waterproof mascara, without irritation."  Gently, my ass!  It burned my eyes so bad!   There was much irritation. And I didn't even have my contacts in.  I tried using this several times thinking maybe I would get used to it or maybe I needed to close my eyes more while I wiped.  Nope, still burns like a mofo.  Not a fan.  I'm so glad I only paid $1.29 for this.

I wonder if there is something that brands put in the pads that they do not put in their bottles that irritates my eyes.  I seem to remember using face cloths from various brands before that irritated my eyes, albeit not as bad as the Almay pad.

My favorite eye makeup removers thus far are:

1.  Clinique Take the Day Off  $18 (Yes, pricey but not a stitch of makeup left)












2.  Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover $5.99
3.  Almost any knock off of the Neutrogena.  Target brand is great and even less expensive.  

Have any of you had experience with the Almay Eye Makeup Remover pads?  What did you think?  Also, let me know what your favorite brand is.  

Thanks, 
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment