Sunday, April 8, 2012

Makin' Bacon

Happy Easter, everybody!  I hope you had a wonderful day and don't have a bellyache from all the sodium filled food.  I made Easter dinner for some friends, a tradition I started last year, and have plenty of leftovers.  Yum, yum!

It was a busy weekend for me.  Not only did I celebrate Easter but I also celebrated my nephew, Zach's 10th birthday.

Zach likes money (don't we all?).   And he saves it, a trait that I'm quite jealous of.  I am horrible at saving money.  I'm hoping that once I get back on my feet I can start adopting some of those money saving habits.  And I really hope Zach continues saving his money too.  Maybe he can give his good ole Aunt Julie a loan one day.   ;-D  

Because he enjoys money so much, I immediately thought of him when I saw the Reminisce "Show Me the Money" paper at All About Pictures in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.


I cut it down for the front of the card.  I had a hard time figuring out what I was going to put on the card besides the money paper.  On a scrapbook day, Jennifer brought over her Cricut Expressions 2 and some of her cartridges.  I looked through them and then all of the sudden it came to.  Money, saving....PIGGY BANK!  And you know my Potato Head lovin' friend Jennifer had the Toy Story 3 Cricut cartridge which featured Hamm.  Perfection!  I found some army green card stock, cut it into squares, glued them into a giant square in the middle, centered Hamm on them and the rest was history!

I spent some time googling a bacon joke.  I found a lot of not so appropriate ones but finally settled on this corny ass one for the inside of the card.


I love this card!  I hope it gives other people ideas on card making for boys.  It gets kind of tough once they reach the double digits.  And no one wants to be that lame aunt that makes babyish cards.

I think Zach liked it.  He thought the joke was funny.  :)


OD'ing on Cadbury Creme Eggs,
Jules  

No comments:

Post a Comment