Monday, May 7, 2012

May Unicorns Fart Rainbows On Your Special Day

Good evening!  Do I have one hell of an acid flashback birthday card for you!

One of my bestest friends, Jennifer,  just celebrated her birthday on May 4th (Star Wars day!).  I bought a 12x12 of rainbow paper (Recollections in "Rainbows") which I happened to show Jen on one of our scrapbooking days.  She said how much she liked it and that she wanted her birthday card to be made with it.

I had to think about what goes well with rainbows.  And what says "Jen"?  And then it came to me.  A UNICORN!  And unicorns just happen to be Jen's favorite animal (lol...total inside joke) so I started searching for a unicorn digi stamp.

I ended up finding the lovely digi stamp from The Greeting Farm.  Melonheadz had the free mushroom digi stamp.  


Copic markers used for the unicorn:
RV11
B14
V15
C5
Flowers: 
R08
YR04
V15
Butterflies: 
Y13
YR04
Grass: 
YG03
Mushrooms:
G17
YG03
E09
R27
YR04
Y13
Stems: 
E09
E15

I used the 3D pads under the unicorn and "Happy Birthday" sign.  

And the inside included one of my favorite birthday sentiments.  


Well, you know how they say "great minds think alike"?  Check out the Hallmark card Tracy got for Jen.  


Maybe I should start making cards for Hallmark?  Or maybe Jennifer should get some normal friends?  ha ha   :)

I may have mentioned this before but sometimes I find my closest friends to be the hardest to make cards for.  I haven't figured out why that is.  

The birthday girl with her card
We ended up celebrating at a Japanese grill called Osaka (so, so, so delicious!) and I got to make a chocolate trifle, which was rich and yummy!  Jennifer got a free dinner and I got a gift card for being honest about incorrect change in my favor.  Score!  

Happy birthday, Jennifer!  And I mean it, I really do hope unicorns farted rainbows on your special day!

Legends can be now and forever, 
Jules  

No comments:

Post a Comment