Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Hello, everybody!  

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day!  I know I did.  I treated my mother to brunch.  My Uncle Tommy and his wife Linda joined us.  Tommy was married to my Aunt Carol, who passed away last year, and I never had the chance to meet his new wife.  She was very nice and I think Carol would agree that she is very good for Tommy.  

After brunch, we stopped at the cemetery to place flowers on Carol's grave.  I was amazed by all the flowers that were out today.  We took the time to look at some of the arrangements.  

I also had the opportunity to go through a lot of Carol's old pictures.  There were quite a few pictures of my family that I had never seen before.  The scrapbooker in me was getting excited!  

 As my friends know, I have a delayed emotional reaction so today was one of those "healing" days for me.  I've really started feeling the loss of Carol in these last few months.  But I deal with it in my own way, positively, which is the only way I know how.  I take pleasure in seeing the blooming peace lily that my friends gave me at Carol's visitation.  

Believe it or not, I do have a card to show you!  


I got the digi stamp from Pink Cat Studio.  I loved it instantly because it had the shopping bags and the cute hat.  Shopping is a past time that my mom and I love.  And my mom is a part of the Red Hat Society so I knew I could red hat this bad boy up.  


The inside digi stamp came from Rainbow Stamp Club.  The center of the flower is a polka dotted brad that I accidentally shoplifted from the Reminisce store in Coralville several years ago.  

Thank you, Mom, for giving me life and being supportive.  I appreciate all that you do for me, including doing my laundry...still,  washing my dishes and providing me with endless laughs.  

XOXO, 
Julie Bulie Butts 

No comments:

Post a Comment