Sunday, December 18, 2011

On the Sixth Day of Christmas...Chocolate Pretzels

So I had planned on blogging about almond bark pretzels tonight.  But the white chocolate was being a butthole and not melting so I pulled out my plan B...Chocolate Pretzels.

Chocolate Pretzels
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-pretzels/detail.aspx

24 circular pretzels
24 Hershey Kisses
24 M&Ms

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place pretzels on baking sheet.  Do NOT place parchment paper.  Unwrap kisses and place in the center of the pretzel.  Put the cookie sheet in the oven for 1-2 minutes.  It's very important to not cook any longer than that as you will burn the kisses.  The kisses will still be in "kiss" form when you pull the sheet out.  Place an M&M on each kiss and push down.  Put baking sheet in the fridge to set.  




Well, the first batch didn't turn out so hot.  I stupidly put parchment paper down and the kiss wasn't that melted.  So I even more stupidly put the sheet back in the oven.  I ended up with burnt kisses.  Since my almond bark pretzels didn't turn out, I was really feeling like a failure.  I put in another batch and these turned out okay.  It's kind of messy putting those M&Ms in.  They're not as "pretty" as I would like them to be.  I guess next time I make them I'll place the M&M on the kiss and mash it in with a spoon.  


Warning:  These are highly addictive.  


In regards to the almond bark pretzels, I will be making these.  I make these every year which is why I'm surprised they didn't turn out.   I used white chocolate chips, which I've used before.  It's quite possible these chips may have been older but next time I will use almond bark.  


Tomorrow is my mom's birthday and she will be coming over to my house to help me make gingerbread men.  I personally haven't made gingerbread men since the 5th grade.  This oughtta be good.  


Thanks, 
Jules 

1 comment:

  1. Those chocolate pretzels look delicious. They look pretty to me. I like how the M&M's made them colorful. Now I'm craving chocolate. Hehe... :D

    Warm Vanilla Sugar sure does smell like Rice Krispies Treats. Hehe... I love smelling that way too. One person at work said I smell like a cookie because of it. LOL. I should've gotten the Halloween hand soaps. Totally missed out on those.

    Have fun making gingerbread with your mom. Happy birthday to her too. :)

    ReplyDelete