Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the Fifth Day of Christmas...Peanut Butter Balls

My next recipe is one that I've made a few times over the years although it's been awhile since the last time I made them.  One of my favorite non-homemade treats are the Reese's Peanut Butter Trees.  The recipe I have for my peanut butter balls is kind of similar to those.

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

Ingredients:
3 cups of peanut butter
1 cup of butter
Powdered sugar (3 cups or more)
1 package chocolate almond bark

Melt peanut butter and butter on low heat.  After melted, stir in powdered sugar.  I suggest doing 1 cup at a time and keep stirring until it has enough consistency to roll into balls but isn't sticky.  I ended up using 4 cups but after tasting, I think 3 or 3 1/2 might have been better.  Let cool before you roll them into balls.


Melt the almond bark in separate pan.  Once the peanut butter mix is not hot, roll into balls and dip in the almond bark.  I use tongs for the dipping process.  Place the chocolate balls on waxed paper.  Let the chocolate harden.  This should make about 50 balls.

*Tip: Remember, you're not cooking the almond bark, you're melting it.  Keep the heat low.  I say this because I scorched mine and now I have little chunkies in my chocolate.





Do you know how hard it is not to crack some jokes on this particular blog?  I was about ready to type "I think I made my balls too big".   Oh, how I love the double entendre!  But seriously, in the case of peanut butter balls (and most other balls), you don't want them to be too big.  You want to be able to taste the chocolate.  


Tomorrow:  Almond bark pretzels

1 comment: