Tuesday, December 13, 2011

On the First Day of Christmas...Crock Pot Candy!

As you may have read in my last blog, I am starting a blog series which I'm calling the "12 Days of Christmas".  In this series, I will showcase 1 holiday treat per day until Christmas day!  I'm really looking forward to this "challenge" and I'm hoping it will keep me active instead of going into my normal winter hibernation.  So let the cooking begin! 

I got this recipe for Crock Pot Candy months ago on Facebook.  I believe I got it from the Taste of Home page.  It sounded so easy and looked delicious, like a peanut cluster.  So I bookmarked it knowing I would be making it this holiday season.  And without further ado, here it is! 

CROCK POT CANDY

Ingredients: 
116 oz. jar roasted, unsalted peanuts
116 oz. jar roasted, salted peanuts
112 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1bar (4 ozs.) german chocolate, broken into pieces
3lbs. (two 24 oz. pkgs.) white almond bark, broken into pieces
Put ingredients into a 4 or 5-quart crock pot in EXACT order as listed. Cover and cook on low 3 hours. DO NOT remove lid! Turn off and allow to cool slightly. Mixture will not be melted but will be soft so if the almond bark still looks like squares, don't fret.  It's supposed to be this way.  Mix thoroughly, it will look like this. 
Kind of like baked beans!

 Drop by teaspoon size cookie dropper or a teaspoon onto wax paper. Let cool thoroughly. Makes approximately 150 - 170 pieces.  I used one of my cookie scoops and it made each piece a little bigger than anticipated so if you only end up with 100 or so, don't worry.  They still harden and taste delicious.  This is very sweet so perhaps smaller ones would be better.  

And this is the end product!
Yummy!

Oh my god, guys!  These were so good!  And they really were easy to make; you literally just stick the ingredients in the pot and find something else to do for 3 hours.  And even with my pieces being slightly bigger than planned, I still have enough to take to my mom's, give to my dad, give to friends and take to my aunt's house on Christmas Eve.  This candy can be refrigerated to keep fresh longer which is what I intend to do.  

This recipe was such a success, I will definitely make this every year.  

Thanks for watching!  To see the website I got this from and reviews by other cooks, click here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipe/gabbiegirl/crock-pot-candy-mr-bud-candy/candy?source=fork_FB_Crock_Pot_Candy

Tune in tomorrow to hear about my peanut brittle!

~Jules 


1 comment:

  1. I think you need to re-title this "12 Days of Jennifer visiting Julie's House"

    ReplyDelete