Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Simple Father's Day Card

Happy Father's Day to all you dads, step-dads, dads to be and single moms who play the role of dad too.  I hope you're all having a wonderful day!

I grilled out with my dad and his wife today.  What was on the menu, you ask?

  • grilled pork chops
  • green beans
  • party potatoes (cheesy hash brown casserole)
  • baked beans
  • chocolate pie 
It was delicious!  Love me some party potatoes!  Mmmmm, drool...

I decided to keep my Father's Day card simple.  Mostly because it's a man's card so decorating with a lot of embellishments seems silly and my dad is really a simple kind of guy.  He's not really in to fancy things so no need to fancy up a card.  


I got the computer digi stamp from Hambo Stamps.  I colored with Copics.  I added the "DAD" part to the computer screen.  


I got the Father's Day sentiment from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  I hadn't noticed how sloppy my coloring was on the words but it ended up looking kind of Earth Day-ish (like a globe) so I'm going to pretend like that was intentional.
My dad is a player... 
Thank you for all that you do, Dad!  I really appreciate it!  I hope you liked your card.  I've already started on your birthday card for the end of the week.  

A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck, 
Julie  

No comments:

Post a Comment