Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Berry Sweet Birthday Card

Hello everybody!  I hope you're having a glorious weekend.  I know I am!  Before I get into this birthday card, I wanted to give a little personal update on myself.  I just finished the first week of training at my new job at Transamerica as an annuity claims representative.  I was completely unfamiliar with annuities or anything financial other than a checking account so this is something new to me.  I've learned a lot and I feel like my brain is going to explode, hence me enjoying this weekend so much.  I took the weekends for granted during my 5 months of unemployment.  It's still too early to tell if I'll actually like my job but I love the company so far.  So that's where I'm at!

This birthday card is for my friend Jackie.  Jackie is a newer friend so I don't know a lot about her, making it harder to personalize the card.  What I do know about Jackie is 1) she's from Texas  2) she has a 1 1/2 year old little girl  3) she loves and used to work at P.F. Changs, thus introducing me to it  4) she's a crazy driver! and 5) she is in a relationship with one of my friends that I've known since the 3rd grade.  Okay, I do know more about Jackie (I always want to call her Action Jackson but don't know if she'd like that) but those are the main points!


The paper is another double sided 12x12 by the company Imaginisce-Berry Collection in Berry Patch.  The other side is the strawberry skin with all the seeds showing.  I think I'll use the leftover paper when I finally scrapbook a cookbook of my favorite recipes.  One day...

This adorable digi stamp is from The Adventures of Crafting Princess Bella Lockwood.  I've been dying to color this for a long time now.  I used Copics.  And I actually kept track of what I used.  

Stem:  YG03, G17
Strawberry: R27, E09, RV11
Plate: B14, B34, B39
And I used the Colorless Blender pen (0) here and there.


And it's pretty much a requirement to use "berry" instead of "very" in a strawberry themed card.  

That's my card!  Jackie, I hope you liked it.  And I hope you loved the cake Courtney made for you.  It looked AMAZING!  And most importantly, I hope you had a wonderful 29th birthday.  Just one more year and you'll be dirty 30 and old like the rest of us!  

May you always keep your berries safe from the Peculiar Purple Pieman,
Jules  


No comments:

Post a Comment