Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Skate Card

My friend Aniyah turned 8 years old the other day.  I've been going skating with Aniyah every month for the past year and a half.  We have so much fun!  We have formed a skate crew with a couple of other friends.  We each have roller derby names.  Aniyah's derby name is "The Aniyahlator".  We call our skate crew "Team Aniyahlation".  

Another friend of mine brought this skating digi stamp to my attention earlier this year and I'd been waiting to use it on Aniyah's card for so long.  The stamp came from Some Odd Girl.  She is "Roller Mae".  


This card did not turn out quite like I wanted it to.  I was attempting to make the color above Mae look like the lights in the skating rink, shining down on her face.  I'm a little bummed about that but I think it still turned out okay.  And I think Aniyah liked it.  
The star paper is from Moxie "Showstopper". 

The skating rink we go to gives you a ticket stub when you pay to get in.  I was able to find this ticket stub here  wickdyscreations.blogspot.  I personalized it with her derby name.  

I found this roller skate at Clear Dollar Stamps.  The quote, which I love, is from Fiskars"Make A Wish" Quotes.  

Here's the Aniyahlator with her card!  

The Aniyahlator in action.  

The Aniyahlator playing Limbo.  She is getting better every time she goes skating.  

The moment she lost Limbo. Her face cracks me up!   

I will probably incorporate this "Roller Mae" into one of my scrapbooks.  She was so adorable!  

Thanks for stopping by! 

Sorry for party rockin', 
Family Jules




No comments:

Post a Comment